Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jedi Master Yoda Inspired Look

Went to work with this yesterday, it was all inspired by one color, then it all fell into place from there. i was very happy and once again proud of what i came up with. i never thought i could do this kind of stuff. i'm no Vintage Or Tacky, Beth Brootality, Silhouette Screams, or Siryn. I never thought i could come up with makeup looks like they do. I've deemed myself "not that creative" and i am nowhere near as AWESOME as they are. Probably never will be, but just the fact that i can come up with something on my own, is an accomplishment to me. i never thought i could pull a look together that could remind me or anyone else of anything. But i guess i can lol. Anyways, enough babbling.


Now, just in case you don't know who Yoda is, here are some pictures:

                                                                           Old School Yoda



                                                                         New School Yoda



          And last but not least, Clone Wars Yoda. If you don't know what The Clone Wars is, google it. it's  awesome.



Now on to the look. In my opinion, it reminds me more of Clone Wars Yoda above. He's alot more colorful than the others. He's a little more cartoonish, less realistic. i used Shiro Cosmetics Budew in the inner corners of my eyes. This color reminded me and represents Yoda's green lightsaber. i felt that really needed to be represented, cuz what's a Jedi without his lightsaber? Am i right?

 I used Scaredy Cat Cosmetics' Keltoi, all over the lid. This is the color that started it all, got the ball rolling on this look. I've been dying to use it since i got it from winning their contest, as i mentioned in my Lion-O post. It's probably their most reviewed color. I've seen it on so many beauty blogs, and everyone loves it. Keltoi is a metallic green-gold, and it's gorgeous. i couldn't think of what to wear it with, but then i thought of brown. I used Shiro Cosmetics' Deadly Neurotoxin for this look in my outer corners and blended into the crease. It went perfectly with Keltoi, like they were made for eachother. Deadly Neurotoxin is a dark, shimmery green-brown. It fittingly represents Yoda's brown tunic.

I used my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Stash to line all around my eyes, it's a dark green-gold. I used my Covergirl Natureluxe Mascara in Black, to finish off my eyes. This mascara isn't all that great, but it's the only one i have right now. I gave my mom my Maybelline Falsies Mascara cuz she needed it.

 On my lips, i used my Lancome Juicy Tube in Rose Fishnets. i love this color, it's a pretty rose color with golden shimmer. For blush i use the pink color in eyeshadow quad from my Smashbox Burlesque Set. I've hit pan already, i need to buy a blush. i use eyeshadow cuz whenever i get blush the color is never as pigmented as i would like.


My very last step was a brow highlight. I never do this. I just think that wearing eyeshadow all the way up to my eyebrows is too much, very bozo the clown. It looks great on everyone else, but i was starting to think it just wasn't for me. Not my taste. But when i finished this look, it seemed like it was missing something to tie it all together. So i busted out my Shiro Cosmetics Meowth, and swiped it on my browbone. That was it! That's what was missing. i guess brow highlighting isn't so bad.


And that's the finished look! i hope you like it, i loved it. i wore this to work all day with a huge smile on my face.  It made me happy. Please excuse my bad skin in this last pic. And i know one eye needs a little more brown in the pictures. i fixed that before i went to work lol. But you get the idea. Well thanks for subscribing if you are, or looking if you're not. :)

<3 Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment